Law Enforcement Practices
Russell Consulting, LLC and the AMLJIA provide members with advice and education concerning law enforcement practices, along with support and mentoring for elected or appointed law enforcement CEO’s as well as:
Technical Assistance Concerning Police Practices
- Review and consultation of AMLJIA member policies and procedures.
- Respond to incidents of AMLJIA members for on-site assistance involving a situation where litigation is ultimately probable.
On-site Field Visits
- Conduct risk exposure assessments and pre-loss consulting.
- Provide on-site assistance to help an agency make modifications in their policies and practices to mitigate risk.
- Conduct thorough confidential investigations of incidents that have or are likely to result in litigation.
- Conduct police professional liability claims reviews to identify trends, patterns, or policy failures that may be corrected to reduce future claims.
Police Practices Training
- Mentoring of newly elected or appointed law enforcement CEO’s to assist AMLJIA members in the proper recruitment of law enforcement CEO’s.
- Seek grant funding on behalf of AMLJIA, for acquiring technology and emergency equipment or training for use by AMLJIA members.
Ballistic Vest Reimbursement Program
Recent shootings of police officers in Alaska and the Lower 48 highlight the need for ballistic vest protection for our law enforcement officers. The AMLJIA has instituted the Ballistic Vest Reimbursement Program to help our member police agencies and their officers stretch their budgets while obtaining life-saving protective gear. Eligible applicants may receive reimbursement up to 50% of the purchase price for ballistic vests. Download the application.