The employment law hotline is a service AMLJIA offers to our members. Members can call Kim Dunn at Landye Bennett Blumstein LLP, and receive a free 30-minute consultation per area of concern. If the issue requires more time, you will be advised to contact other counsel or get authorization from AMLJIA for more time.
Call the employment hotline next time you are faced with:
- The need to lay off employees
- A discipline problem
- The need to restructure a department
- Whether or not to terminate an employee
Please remember: The AMLJIA may defend a wrongful-discharge claim ONLY if the AMLJIA member consults legal counsel BEFORE terminating any employee, and follows the attorney’s advice.
Unless it’s an emergency, please take a minute to check the following items BEFORE you call your AMLJIA Employment Law Hotline:
- Do you have your personnel handbook, policies, or whatever rules govern hiring and employee conduct? If you can, locate the sections that seem to relate to the problem. If you have the policies available electronically, please email them to before making your call to the Hotline.
- Do you have a personnel file for the employee? Please have it in front of you before calling the Hotline.
- Are there emails related to the issue? Please forward them to before calling the Hotline.
Call 1-877-4AMLJIA (1-877-426-5542) to speak with Kim Dunn today!